Watercolour painting course – 6 days or 3 days – Lisdoonvarna and Inisheer, Aran Islands – June 2017
Next June, Danish artist, Annelise Pio Hansen will be conducting a 6 day watercolour and pen & ink course here in Lisdoonvarna and on the island of Inisheer, Aran Islands. She will have some of her Danish students with her and the remaining places are available for Irish and international artists. I hope you will join us.
The weekly course dates are from Saturday 10th June – Saturday 17th June. The first four nights will be at O’Neills Burren Painting Centre, where you will have full Irish breakfast and the option of one evening dinner at a nearby restaurant. The 3 days of painting tuition and use of the studio facilities at O’Neills will also include painting on location at Ennistymon, Ballyvaughan and the Burren Perfumery. There will be
daily critiques and demonstrations.
On the morning of Wednesday 14th June the group will take the ferry from Doolin harbour to the small island of Inisheer. You will paint there for 3 more days, staying for 3 nights Bed and Breakfast at Rory’s Guesthouse and for the 3 evening dinners. On the morning of Saturday 17th you will return to the mainland.
The Prices are based on two people sharing a twin or double room. If you wish to have a double or twin room to yourself, the single supplement is €10 per night.
Included in the Weekly Price – Sat 10th – Sat 17th June
- 7 nights Bed and Breakfast, all rooms en suite. 4 evening dinners
- 6 days painting tuition, with demos and critiques and use of O’Neills art studio
- Minibus transfer to Doolin ferry and back, plus ferry ticket return to Inisheer island
- The price of €670 includes the above, using your own transport to painting locations
If you wish to only join the First Half of the Course
You should arrive on Saturday 10th June, paint on the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and leave that evening.
The price includes:
- 3 nights B&B, 1 evening dinner, use of the studio, 3 days tuition, demos and critiques
- The price of €255 includes the above, using your own transport to the painting locations. ( Add on €30 if you wish to stay the extra night of Tuesday 13th June)
If you wish to only join the Second Half of the Course
You should arrive on Tuesday 13th June for Bed and Breakfast, then take the early ferry to Inisheer on the morning of Wednesday 14th June. You will stay on the island for 3 nights B&B before returning to the mainland with the group on Saturday 17th June.
The price of €415 includes:
- 4 nights Bed and breakfast, 3 evening dinners
- Transfer to Doolin harbour and back, ferry return to Inisheer, 3 days tuition
CHRIS O’NEILL has been director of The Burren Painting Centre since 1974.
Burren Painting Centre
Phone: +353 65 707 4208
Mobile: +353 86 828 9936